Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, May 24, 2012

I KNOW! I KNOW!!!

I haven't been around lately....But I do have good reasons! I have finally finished my AWFUL first semester of nursing school. I only have a short window of time before I start back for my second semester so this will be a brief posting, because quite frankly as much as I love you guys, I have three little ones that are so excited I have got a break and want me to watch a movie with them.

Here goes....

As you may know, Matt Pitt, leader of the Basement was arrested for impersonating a police officer. link below...

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/18502859/calera-pd-report-sheds-lights-the-basement-found-matt-pitt-arrest

I am not here to make assumptions or judgements upon Matt Pitt, why? I wasn't there. I will say that there seems to be a lot of unanswered questions on his part, and I will be interested to see the way this turns out.

My concern is not Matt Pitt, but his followers. Yes, those thousands of teens that seem to hold Matt Pitt up on a pedestal.   You may be thinking "that's not true! Matt Pitt doesn't present himself as something to follow, but leads people to Christ." I will say this one more time in this post, I am not making judgement upon Matt because only the father knows his heart. What I have been witness to is what SOME (I know that they are not all this way, so please don't start throwing that at me) of the basement followers and Matt Pitt followers are saying.  Don't believe me, here are a few examples for you.....

they are lying lying lying.. use your own head.. they said he was suspected cause of the windows.. uhh duh.. how many folks have tinted windows, fog lights.. wow.. how many folks have fog lights... LED lights.. uhhh duh... how many show cars have those too.. come on grow up calera... cause I gotta say.. you are not getting my vote for cops of the year..more like idiots of the year"




"I think those cops dont believe in God and are jealous.. Just trying to get him in trouble. All that will be happening even more, very soon"




"The MEDIA.....AND FOX 6 is MAKING A MOUNTIAN....OUT OF A MOLEHILL.....MATT IS A GODLY MAN being PERSACUTED BY SINNERS!"


"Matt was totally minding his own, if anyone knows about The Basement knows that Matt is a stand up Christian man! His Bail money should be refunded!"




"Matt Pitt is not one do to something like this. However I would not put it past Calera to cover their a$$ with something like this. Missy cops are retarded."




"Just another one of Satans attack on a Christian. If it is good and Godly, Satan will attack. Stand strong and don't let Satan win!"




"Calera police officers are JOKES!!! I see a lawsuit REAL soon!"




"Why are y'all trying to tear this man down. Y'all are the Devi . Innocent until proven guilty I hope he goes after Calera Police and Fox 6 for defamation of character. Y'all should not do people this way til they are found guilty."




"I have known Matt for 5-6 yrs and I know he wouldnt do something like this! Matt did nothing wrong and yes these 2 stories dont add up. The things the state will do for revenue!"




"matt would never do this ! yall are CRAZY!"




Soooo, apparently if you think that there's a lot of evidence against Pitt, you are a sinner, the devil, or crazy take your pick!  These are just a few of the posts that I found.  As I said before, I am not concerned with Matt Pitt himself. He is a big boy and if he did it, it will come out and he will face his consequences. What concerns me is the fact that these kids seem to believe that Matt couldn't have done this.  As if he is someone with out any sin... BUT we know that is a lie, why?....because the bible tells me so...


1 john 1:8-10



If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.



Pretty harsh words, but how can you argue with that? So I'll take the sinner comment, I am a sinner. I've never claimed to be anything else.  Here is my problem with all this, these are supposed fans and supports of Matt and his ministries, which brings to question what are they getting from these ministries? Having encountered God, can you really speak that way of people you've never met? or bash the officers like that? I think it was the comment about the officers must be non believers that set me off. I grew up in a family of cops, my grandfather, dad, and brother, not to mention many others. I practically grew up at the dispatch desk. All of which are believers and pray for people. But they have a job to do and if they suspect you are a danger to the public, they have to do something. I was so disturbed by the comments that I decided to write Matt Pitt's team a message about it....
 of course, there was no reply.... However I finally after reading the comments on the article saw one little shred of hope....





We as Christians should watch what we say here. Bad mouthing the police is not a good witness and if you want to help Matt you should pray for him and the situation. Don't make him look bad by actiing ungodly yourselves.


It's a pondering thought, what are these kids taking away from these services? 
What do yall think?

2 comments:

  1. You know my thoughts. Nice write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! As you know, I worked with youth for some years and I really loved every kid that came through the doors. I just hate to think that they aren't getting the whole picture.

      Delete