Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

April's Fury....

The next to last post I made was about Salvation, and how to become saved. I couldn't bring myself to post again for almost a month because I wanted it to be the first post you saw when my page popped up. I posted it on March 30th. Now I sit in awe, shock and devastation as everywhere I look is destroyed. For those of you who do not know, on April 27th the state of Alabama was hit by 70 tornadoes according to wikipedia, though, I'm not sure that's accurate, some of the city's listed were hit by the same tornadoes. However, they have confirmed:
1- F5
6- F4
2- F3
4- F2
5- F1
2- F0

The info is still being decided, everywhere you look there is destruction... But one thing is sure for us. 36 counties in Alabama have been labeled a natural disaster, over 250 are dead, the reports are saying that only 8 are missing, but by the account of all the counties I have counted over 400 people not accounted for.  I can't help but be emotional while writing this, it's hard to put into words the devastation that surrounds our state. The communities flattened, communities that took over 30 years to build gone in less than 30 seconds. Mothers looking for their children under rubble, children standing alone and confused because their parents are dead or missing. Neighbors standing over a desolate piece of land, where their homes used to be. Our community has literally been ripped to shreds... What do you say after that? What words can you possibly speak to comfort a mother who found her baby's dead body? How do you explain that God loves them still and will heal us? So today's post is in memory of our state, of our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, who we loved and lost. Today's post is in honor of those of us left to carry on...















My father in law, husband and myself helping to cut up a tree and remove it from a family's property




There are tons of videos on youtube and news websites you can view the tornadoes that affected all of us, but I need to end this post in saying thanks. In helping with the relief, I have met people from all over the country that have no ties to Alabama at all, but came running to aid us. Thank you to all of our first responders, police forces, national guard, red cross volunteers, firefighters, and just people who flew in to love on our state in our time of crisis. Thank you....

Psalm 46:1-2
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment