Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God you are constant! Thank goodness!

28 Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
   and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40


So often I find myself reflecting on my days and wondering, "God how could you ever love me, after all I have done and with me stumbling all the time?"  I love how in those moments, I can feel Your love surround me! You have always loved me, since before my creation. You planned me so carefully. You gave me everything from my passions, size 8 feet, and even my southern draw. I can feel You growing ever closer in those moments that I find myself broken and regretful. I hear Your words about how much You love me, how I am Your child. How You will always love me. I don't know why I find myself forgetting in moments of weakness that You are CONSTANT! You never change! You loved all of us from the time You created the earth. I also find myself forgetting in those moments that I need to let go, You are in control...

10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46

You are constantly telling me, "Don't you know who I AM? I've got this, just let me use you! I know your not perfect! I created you and everyone else! But I love you, I will restore you, I will give you rest."  Father, I'm asking for your spirit again today. I'm asking that You open the heaven's wide and that Your spirit rains down upon me and my loved ones. I pray for healing. I pray for safety. I pray for You to fill my heart, mind and soul with Your words. Father, I don't know that I'll ever understand the depth of Your love, but I am so thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment