Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A new chapter...

So, I signed up on a Christian website for a free book about three weeks back and I honestly forgot about it. But there it was in the stack of mail today, its called Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand. I hadn't even paid attention when I signed up, but I had heard of Wurmbrand before. He was imprisoned for years and tourtured for his faith. I find that God's timing is funny, He knew that Justin's work would be different this week and I'd have a lot of down time, He knew I wouldn't set it down and forget about it. So I started reading it tonight and I'm already amazed. Wurmbrand was an orphan and born in Russia where he was raised an aithiest, despite his jewish heritage. So he married and winds up in this random village. He even admitted he didn't know why he was there. But it was there that he found Christ and soon after so did his wife. They lived through Nazi terany, but that wasn't the end of his story by a long shot.
"Beginning August 23, 1994, one million Russian troops entered Romania and, very soon after this, the Communists came to power in our country. Then began a nightmare that made suffering under the Nazis seem easy." ~pg 14

He talked about how the Communist used seduction towards the church to get their favor. Then gathered over 4000 pastors and preist of all denominations and they convinced them to vote Joseph Stalin as their honorary president. Yes, the same Joseph Stalin who had murdered countless christians. The bishops all began saying that christians and communist had the same fundamentals and promised the church's loyalty to the new government.

This is where it gets good and I had to stop, for I sat in awe and total respect for Wurmbrand's wife. They were present at this congress, and these were her words!

"Richard stand up and wash away this shame from the face of Christ! They are spitting in His face." I said to her, "If I do so, you lose your husband." She replied, "I don't wish to have a coward as a husband."

Wow! What an amazing example!!! The bible states that Men are to be the head of the household, but we women are also given a role. God gave us as encouragers. I don't know how often Justin has walked in the doors discouraged and worried about something that seems so big and I'll look at him and say "God will provide" He'll always sigh and say "Your right, always has always will"  But could you stand with the strength that she did? Knowing that your encouragement might take the one you love from you, but also knowing that you must stand for Christ? One of our college students, who is wise beyond her years posted this on facebook...

If you were arrested for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to prove it? Would your life show that you follow Christ? I don't know about you but that's one case I want to be proven guilty.~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment