Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love thy enemy...

I probably don't have to ask....we all have enemies. You can deny it, but you do, everyone does. No I'm not saying there is some evil scientist out to get you for your super powers! But we have all been offended or hurt at some time. I find it intriguing that we are suppose to love our enemies according to the Bible. Sure, it's easy to love family, it's even easy to love friends and people that are always there to support you. But what about these people who tear us down? But as I've said I don't know how many times before, God set us apart for greater purposes. We are called out by the creator to love those who have not only offended us, but even those who have spit on the face of Christ. We are called to love those who rebuke Him, because he loves them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

I've heard my entire life to love thy enemies, but I don't believe that in my lifetime I've ever seen it. That all changed this month. I'm not going to pretend to know all about what's going on in Egypt, I'm not big into the news or current events. I know, I know....say what you want. I find as a mom of three with a hectic schedule, that I miss a lot of things. I'm convinced that God will catch me up one day. But I took an interest in this particular story from Egypt, because I found myself sitting in tears as I watched. All I could think was, "...what love..."


While the protest were going on in the square in Egypt the Muslims gathered to pray. Regime guards and rioters began to attack the Muslims, throwing stones. When all the sudden, Christians linked arms and jumped in the way of harm to protect the Muslims! They held off the rioters and protected people that renounce Jesus.... What is there to say except....what love! Father I pray that you fill me with that love everyday! That I would be willing not only to lay my life down for a stranger, but for a stranger that doesn't know You! I have to think that when Jesus said, people will know you are My disciples if you love one another, that he saw faces such as these. So this post is in honor of my brothers and sisters all around the world, who are standing in God's name! Keep changing the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment