Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A call to die

I'm starting a new devotional book, well..., it's not new, it's actually one that Justin and I picked up about a year ago. I naively picked it up thinking this would be an "easy" devotional for Justin and I to do together.... *Insert wrong buzzer sound here*! I should have been tipped off by the title, "a call to die", got to give a round of applause to David Nasser, He knows how to put us Christians on the spot for sure. But, I think it's only healthy spiritually to be challenged to grow, otherwise we just sit stagnant in the water and we all know that is not the grand plan that God has for us. We were created for so much more! So here goes! I accept your challenge Mr Nasser! I am going to indulge into your 40 day journey. I only made it a few days when I first tried it and to be honest, my heart was not in the right place, but I'm hungry to be challenged. I am longing for something more right here and now. So God I hand this experience over to you. I want you to renew me. I pray for strength, perseverance, and humbleness as I go on this journey. Finally Father, I pray to come back changed.

Day 1 starts tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment