Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Friday, December 10, 2010

Amazing Love

So, I spent yesterday cleaning, watching Christmas movies and putting up trees.  My kids were so excited, especially my four year old son who inspired me to go all out this year. He saw houses decorated on our way home Wednesday night. As any mother I would walk through fire and back for him. He is my only boy and my first born and is the excitement in my life. So watching him made me ponder just how much you loved us. Father, I couldn't do it, I couldn't hand my son over to save humanity. The thought of it tears my heart up. But You, You loved us so much that You sent Your only Son to be the sacrifice for our sins.

I John 4:9: "In this was manifested the love of God toward us,
because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."

Father, I long to love like You do. To give until it hurts as You did so many Christmases ago.  I pray that this Christmas season that we all love as You do. That we are nothing but shining examples of what happened so long ago.  May we never get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that we forget the reason why we celebrate this season in the first place. Thank You for loving us....

No comments:

Post a Comment