Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Monday, December 13, 2010

Come lay it down

Father, I know that we are told to lay it down with You when our hearts are burdened, but I guess it's human nature to hold onto it.  We want to fester on it and let it stew, we don't like to admit we can't fix a situation. In lamest terms we try to take control instead of just handing it over to You. But in Job 40, You spoke this

8 “Would you discredit my justice?
   Would you condemn me to justify yourself?
9 Do you have an arm like God’s,
   and can your voice thunder like his?
10 Then adorn yourself with glory and splendor,
   and clothe yourself in honor and majesty.
11 Unleash the fury of your wrath,
   look at all who are proud and bring them low,
12 look at all who are proud and humble them,
   crush the wicked where they stand.
13 Bury them all in the dust together;
   shroud their faces in the grave.
14 Then I myself will admit to you
   that your own right hand can save you.

You were challenging Job, telling him "Tell you what, if you think you know better, fix this and then I will admit that you know better." Of course he didn't, and he admitted that You were Sovereign.  But we have all been in Job's position before, trying to take things into our own hands.  But I am done, Father I know that I don't know what is best for my life and I'm laying my burdens down at Your feet. I know that as my Father You will run to aid me in my times of trouble, that you will never forsake me. In Psalms 46 it says

1 God is our refuge and strength,
   an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
   and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
   and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
   the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
   God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
   he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
 7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.
 8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
   the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
   to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
   he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”
 11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
   the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Father, I'm running to You today. I know that You will handle what ever is thrown at me as long as I focus on You. Thank You for loving me and wanting me. I love You and praise You!

No comments:

Post a Comment