Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I am a whosoever

My name is Laura,

I am a wife, a mom, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter, a student, a minister, a sinner, I am a whosoever saved by God's grace alone!  My Lord and Savior, Jesus, said one of the most significant things that would affect the world. In John 3:16 He stated "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  By speaking the word "whosoever" it meant that it wasn't an exclusive club, but rather an open door. That word meant that regardless of your past, regardless of your present circumstances that anyone can turn from their wicked ways and give it all over to God and be saved.  Thank you Father for your amazing grace! You knew we couldn't ever live up to what we should, but loved us so that You made a way for us to be with You eternally. You have set me free!  I owe it all to You and so now I want to follow your ways.  I want to walk in a room and people just know that there is something different about me. You said in John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  Jesus gave this command. Not a request a command. We are called out as Christians to share not only His story but His love! We should be known for our love more than anything! I fear as Christians that this is the last thing we are known for. When people think of Christians, they think of stiff people in nice dress on sunday mornings glaring with judgemental glances. I don't want my life to reflect that, the only thing I want to reflect is my Jesus. So I am going to love as you do Father. No longer will I look at someone and judge them by their appearance, but I want to see them through your eyes. I want to see them as a child that you are chasing after.  Father give me the strength to love like You, care like You, be gracious like You, forgive like You. Father....transform me.
Your child,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment