Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Commision my Soul!

"Commission my soul with a fire uncontrollable
for this great cause, to save the lost.
Open my eyes to the reason I'm alive,
Oh Lord, I'm ready now, I'll follow You"
~Citipoint live



Though it's not talked about as much as it should be, we are called as Christians to take care of the homeless, orphans, and widows. Pretty much, we are called out to help any brother or sister in need.
  • "If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother." Deuteronomy 15:7

  • "There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

  • "But the needy will not always be forgotten, nor the hope of the afflicted ever perish." Psalm 9:18

  • " Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise, says the LORD, I will protect them from those who malign them. " Psalm 12:5

  • "He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy." Proverbs 14:21

  • "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God." Proverbs 14:31

  • "He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." Proverbs 19:17

  • "If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

  • "A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor." Proverbs 22:9

  • "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27

  • "Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." Proverbs 31:9

  • "She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy." Proverbs 31:20

  • "Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17

  • "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them."

  • "Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.'" Matthew 19:21

  • "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in." Matthew 25:35

  • "If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18


  • Think that's a lot to process? I only picked out a few! My heart is on fire today as I prepare for tomorrow night. Our college group is hosting a lock-in for our youth and preparing them to go and serve the homeless of our city the next morning. Our college group, Impact, has collected tons of clothes and plan to go down to southside and hand them out. We are calling it OPERATION WARMTH. There is something truly amazing about giving to others. Justin and I have been with this group for a year now and they don't get excited about too much, but when we asked them to do this with us a month ago, you should have seen them jump in excitement! How it blessed my heart to see that our group would rather go serve the poor than go on a retreat. Father I feel so blessed today. I can't wait to get out there and serve my brother's and sister's and tell them that it's all because of Your love.  I pray many hear Your name and come to know You! Father, I ask Your blessing on this, I also ask that you place angels around our students.  Protect them and give them strength and courage to speak Your word boldly. Father I pray that we all go with open hearts that You might change us. Thank you for everything you have given us...

    If you would like more info on operation warmth you can visit IMPACT's event page on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/event.php?eid=108887259180786

    No comments:

    Post a Comment