Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don't quit! Your very best!

If you have never watched facing the giants, I am telling you that you are missing a blessing!  It is an amazing story of how our God can take something so small and make it into greatness. The clip above is my favorite part of the entire movie.  Brock who is somewhat of a troublemaker and has a bad attitude about what his team can do is called out by the coach. He tells Brock to do the death crawl again, in which he has to crawl feet and hands with another team mate clinging to his back. Brock then asks, "want me to go to the twenty yard line?" The coach replies "nope I think you can go to the fifty." Brock's response is "I can go to the fifty without my teammate on my back." The coach comes back with, "I believe you can go with him on your back." But there is a catch, the coach asks him to do it blindfolded, because he doesn't want Brock to quit when he has more to give. Brock laughs at the idea, but agrees. All the team is in laughter as Brock starts down the field, but then you see them in awe as they start to stand up and watch. Brock begins to get tired, and the coach begins telling him "don't you give up, you've got more." Brock struggles on, but then begins to cry out in pain, "IT HURTS!".  The coach is now on the ground crawling with him, "DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME! DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME!! YOU'VE GOT MORE IN YOU THAN THIS! DON'T YOU QUIT BROCK!! DON'T YOU QUIT! YOU KEEP GOING!" Brock continues to struggle, reaching for more and more, crying out "IT'S TOO HARD!". Coach is right there with him, yelling and encouraging him on. Finally Brock collapses and says "I can't go anymore. I don't have anymore." The coach, lying on the ground next to him tells him to look up, "Brock, you in the end zone."

How many times as Christians are we walking blindly in faith, screaming out "IT HURTS! ITS TOO HARD! I CAN'T GO ANYMORE!"  And there is our heavenly Father, screaming back at us, "DON'T YOU QUIT! DON'T YOU QUIT! YOU'VE GOT MORE IN YOU THAN THIS! YOU KEEP GOING!!!"  God has placed in us a strength, a potential, that we don't even realize we have.  And when we get to a certain point, we give up because we know that we reached to goal that was expected of us. God wants us to exceed all expectations. God has proved throughout time that He works by taking the person you least expect and doing something great through them.  But you have to be willing to push it, to give it your all, to negotiate with your body to find more strength when you think you have none left to give and know that God will honor those who honor Him.

 My challenge for all my brothers and sisters in Christ today is this, watch the clip above. If it won't load go to youtube and look up "don't quit facing the giants". Watch it again and you place yourself in Brock's position and put God in the coaches position. Then ask yourself today, what obstacle are you facing that God is yelling for you, "don't quit on me!" Pray about it, if you feel led, share it and allow your brothers and sisters to pray for you today. Feel free to post it below this, I promise that I will pray with you. Imagine what our faith would be like, if none of us quit.

Father I come to You today, asking for forgiveness. I have failed at this.  I have failed in times of ministry, in my family, and as a christian. I have given up, when I know that you will never give me a task that you have not given me the strength to complete.  I have given up when it got hard and when it hurt. I have not listened when you told me not to quit. I have been selfish and had a bad attitude about what you told me do. Father, help me to see what you see in me. Don't give up on me, keeping yelling and encouraging me like the coach to not quit. I love you Father and I praise You!

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this movie!!! I cry each and every time I watch it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete