Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A second chance

Have you ever felt as though you have totally failed?  I know that I have, especially when it comes to God.  Even though I have an understanding that I can never let God down, because he holds me up in His right hand and He doesn't need me to suceed to be great, after all, He is God!  But I still really get down on myself when I feel like I have not met his goal for my life.  I mean, I really feel awful!  I also have a tendency to look at God and say "Father, how could you ever want me. I'm not even worth the trouble.  What do you see in me?"  I got to this point the other day, the same day that I posted "Don't quit, Your very best".  So, I found myself sitting on my floor and crying out to God, "I'm sorry..." I felt so worthless.  I sat there with my bible in front of me, it was closed and I began to pray, "Father guide my hand".  Finally I flipped open the bible and my right hand was laying on the beggining sentance of Isaish 43. And this is what the Father spoke to me....

Israel’s Only Savior
 1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
   he who created you, O Jacob,
   he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
   I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2 When you pass through the waters,
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze.
3 For I am the LORD, your God,
   the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
   Cush[a] and Seba in your stead.
4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
   and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
   and people in exchange for your life.
5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
   I will bring your children from the east
   and gather you from the west.
6 I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
   and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
   and my daughters from the ends of the earth—
7 everyone who is called by my name,
   whom I created for my glory,
   whom I formed and made.”
 8 Lead out those who have eyes but are blind,
   who have ears but are deaf.
9 All the nations gather together
   and the peoples assemble.
Which of them foretold this
   and proclaimed to us the former things?
Let them bring in their witnesses to prove they were right,
   so that others may hear and say, “It is true.”
10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD,
   “and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
   and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
   nor will there be one after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD,
   and apart from me there is no savior.
12 I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
   I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “that I am God.
 13 Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
   When I act, who can reverse it?”

WOW! God started this statement by stating how He is God who formed us, but then He goes straight into telling us not to be scared, because He has REDEEMED us. We have been redeemed, our transgretions wiped away.  Then He said that He has called us by name, you have been called by His name, the holiest of all names! And then He said something that brought tears to my eyes, "you are mine." The God of the universe claims us as His own. He goes on to tell us how we will not walk through trials alone, and how though it might look scary, He will let no harm come to us.  And then He says it again, "Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you," Wow! We are precious and honored! And again He says I love you! Then God says again, don't fear, He will call all of us called by His name from all over the earth. He will not let anyone hold us back from Him. He calls us his wintnesses, and says that He is the only Savior. But then He says something at the end something that stuck me like lightning.  Something I should know, but we all need to be reminded every once in a while, He says this..."When I act, who can reverse it?"

Why is it as christians, that we question God when He tells us to do something?  I mean I get it, If crazy uncle Bubba tells us "What you need to do is this!" and it involves a getaway car, then by all means, question away!!! But we are talking about the Creator.  We're talking about the One who formed you. Of course He knows best, He knows the future!  Why would we even consult anyone else?  We are His, He loves us a million times over and beyond. He promises to deliver us.  He says that we are precious in His sight. And He states very clearly that when He acts no one can reverse it! 

So I wrote this today thinking of how I was feeling about myself the other day, and how God just lifted me with it. Number one, God is God, His greatness is not dependant on our actions, He doesn't need us to be the Ultimate, rather He chooses to be with us. He stoops down out off His heavenly thone to pick you up.  Number two, if you are saved, you are called by His name. You are redeemed.  Matt Pitt, a local pastor, once said, that when we look at God, broken and feeling lost, knowing that we failed and asking God "Can I please start again?" God's answer is "ALWAYS!"  We may give up at times, but He never gives up on us. He always wants you, always loves you, will always come back for you. Finally, the christian road does get rocky. At times it can be down right trechurous! But we never walk alone. When God acts, noone can reverse it. If He tells you to do something, it's because He has prepared a way for it to happen. So walk with confidence today, that you serve the one true God! You are His child! You are His love! You are called by His name! Stand up and stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment