Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Radom act of kindness....


I'm taking the day off from "A call to die", not because I don't have the will to do it, but for two reasons. One I am looking after my best friend's two kids along with my own, and while I am enjoying every second of the giggles, I am also refereeing about every 5 seconds. While trying to get through the first chapter of Mr. Nasser's day 6, I have had to stop about 20 times. The second reason is, I have something laid very heavy on my heart today. I don't know if you have ever watched Evan Almighty. But it's one of my favorites, yes it's funny, but more so than that, it focuses on changing the world, one act of random kindness at a time.

How many times have you been having a terrible day, and someone just shoots you a smile or does something so small as a kind gesture that just changes your whole mood? I can't count how many times it has happened to me. I am a firm believer in the fact that only God can change hearts, but that we can plant the seed. What if, every day, everyone made it a point to do one random act of kindness? What would our world be like? What if today, you walked into your local branch to do business, and you smiled at the teller who had just been told off by an angry customer, and talked to her like a hurting person instead of a gopher who just needs to suck it up and do her job? What if, we looked past people's appearances and saw their feelings? What if we dropped the defensive walls and truly saw who someone was? What if we decided that we wouldn't join in on the gossip? What it we decided that we would be bold and take a stand on God's principles? What if we truly stood for righteousness? What would our world be like tomorrow? What would our children's world be like?

As a mom, I try to instill in my children everyday, that you can't control what happens to you, but you have control over how you react to it. But I know as well as anyone that sometimes we all just need a little help. So this is my challenge, I don't know how many of you will do it, but I won't be checking up on you. I'm posting this in faith alone. I challenge each of you to do one act of random kindness today. Whether it's reaching out to someone you've never talked to before and telling them that God loves them, or buying someones lunch, or even just speaking kinds words to someone who needs it. God will lead you, pray about it. Then wait, because God will bless your heart for it. Who knows, you may want to do it everyday, and if that's true, then what will our world look like in a year? Then the next part of the challenge, pass it on. Encourage others to do the same, keep it going.

Jesus said in John 13:35: By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

What if the whole world, knew who we were, just by our love for other people? Christianity is not about rules, it's about love!

No comments:

Post a Comment